Veterans Day at NMAJMH
November 11, 2017 –
Honor veterans on Veterans Day Shabbat at the National Museum of American Jewish Military History.
10am – Noon – Shabbat Service led by Rabbi Michael Bloom
Noon – 3pm – Veterans Day Service Project
Join us at the museum between to put together care packages for hospitalized veterans.
- What to bring:
- Toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, disposable razors, sample size cans of shaving cream, deodorants/antiperspirants, etc..)
- Socks (must be NEW packaged), slippers (store bought non-skid only), underwear (must be NEW packaged)
- Games, puzzles (complete with all pieces if pre-owned)
- Books, including large print, (must be very clean, in good condition)
- Can’t bring anything? Just bring yourself to make cards, thank you notes, and put the materials we already have together into packages.
2pm – 3pm – Children’s Activities
- Bring the little ones for a Veterans Day book reading and other activities. Note: Children are welcome all day long.