Summer 2017 Dupont-Kalorama Museums Consortium Intern (DKMC)
The Dupont-Kalorama Museums Consortium (DKMC) was established in 1983 to promote “off the Mall” museums and their neighborhoods. The mission of the DKMC is to mutually advance the member institutions and create neighborhood cultural experiences. It is a volunteer organization dedicated to the promotion of and collaboration between its member institutions. The DKMC also serves as a vehicle to enhance a greater sense of our artistic and historical heritage for a local and national audience.
The DKMC representatives seek a highly motivated, self-starting individual to assist with administrative tasks and public programming, in particular for our annual Walk Weekend in June 2017. As a DKMC intern, you will be hosted at the President Woodrow Wilson House and report to the Chair of the DKMC. Off-site visits to participating museums will be required; all museums are within walking distance.
- Assist with preparation for Walk Weekend, including assistance during the event on June 3rd and 4th;
- Assist DKMC officers with a social media and marketing plan;
- Evaluate Walk Weekend and make recommendations for future DKMC programs;
- Attend DKMC meetings;
- Work offsite at DKMC institutions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideal candidates will be currently seeking a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Museums Studies, or Non-Profit Management.
- This internship is unpaid. It may be used for academic credit or as volunteer experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Social Media skills mandatory
- Laptop Computer mandatory
- Interest in D.C. history preferred
- Knowledge of graphic design and/or Word Press desired
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 1 page-writing sample and/or design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 2, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.